In accordance with the approved rules by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 125, dated May 1, 2015, Ganja State University announced admission for foreign citizens without any exam, only with a college certificate and for graduate and Ph.D. candidates with a diploma previously confirming the completion a relevant higher education. These regulations don’t apply to the foreigners that permanently living in the Republic of Azerbaijan. These people have the same rights on education with the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The documents submitted by applicants will be reviewed by relevant departments and only after the relevant procedures are implemented the applicant will receive a letter depending on the decision on admission.
For further information please, contact with a concerned email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: According to the new regulations of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the admission of foreigners from 01.01.2022 is carried out only in the form of an electronic application through the website https://portal.edu.az/ !
International students applying for admission to GSU should successfully pass through the following admission stages:
- After selection of the programme you want to be admitted in and submit your documents in electronic format before the deadline;
- You choose the specialty you want to study and submit your documents electronically (with all requirements of the procedure) through the website https://portal.edu.az/ until the mentioned deadline;
Your documents will be reviewed (if necessary, interview arranged) and in case of a decision on admission, we will contact you for further arrangements;
- You should pay the tuition fee to the bank account of the University before the deadline;
- Upon confirmation of the payment, you will be sent an official admission support letter;
- Our colleagues will assist you regarding the visa and travel arrangements;
- You should plan your travel to Azerbaijan before the deadline to timely begin your studies at the University.
International students admitted to relevant programs should have basic background knowledge related to a selected profile. Please consider that the programmes teach only in Azerbaijani and Russian languages in Ganja State University and its requirement to know the above-mentioned languages.
- Application form (Download the form)
- Secondary School Certificate (for applicants to BA programmes)/ Master or Bachelor diploma /any other relevant valid education document (duly legalized or Apostiled; translated into English and duly notarized);
- Transcript of records (duly legalized or Apostiled; translated into English and duly notarized);
- A general medical certificate and health certificate (certifying that the person is not carrier of a virus of any disease included in the list of dangerous infectious diseases HIV, Hepatitis B and C) approved by the relevant medical authority (translated into English and duly notarized);
- Valid passport;
- 6 photos (3×4 cm);
- TRİ (temporary resident card) card;
- Certificates, diplomas and any other related documents (if available);
- Motivation letter;
- Criminal history clearance (translated into English/Russian and duly notarized).
Note: Submission of your documents does not guarantee your admission to relevant programme in GSU. Only complete documents package will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed. After admission to respective programme, relevant valid documents should be translated into Azerbaijani language and duly notarized (expenses to be covered by students themselves).
We have reduced tuition fees for all selected bachelor programmes 1000 azn (manats), for graduate and Ph.D pogrammes 1500 azn (manats).
VISA AND MIGRATION PROCEDURES
Foreigners traveling to Azerbaijan for study have to get a relevant visa (except for the citizens of the countries applying a visa-free- regime https://migration.gov.az/content/pdf/viza/list_az.pdf with Azerbaijan) from the Azerbaijani Embassy accredited in their countries) In order to timely begin your studies at GSU, we would recommend you start visa application procedures as soon as possible. We will provide you with the admission support letter and assistance for applying for a visa. For specific visa procedures and documents checklist please contact the Azerbaijani Embassy in your country. We recommend you apply for only a study visa for the duration of 3 months. Also, foreigners are required to be registered at the Migration Service within 10 days after entering the borders of Azerbaijan.
In case if there is not an Azerbaijani embassy accredited in your country, you will be issued a visa at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs located in Haydar Aliyev International Airport visa pass point or any border pass points in Azerbaijan.
Foreigners are required to get a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service at least one month before the expiration of their visa. Upon successful completion of the specific academic year, the duration of your residence permit will be extended for another 1 (one) year period. The temporary residence permit allows you to enter/exit the borders of Azerbaijan for the permit specified duration period without the necessity of visa. We will be happy to assist you in this regard. Please, check https://migration.gov.az/az.
NOTE: Students will have to cover state fees for migration arrangements https://migration.gov.az/az, as well as the insurance costs by themselves.
ACCOMMODATION AND DORMITORY OPPORTUNITY
A newly renovated dormitory of GSU has a special offer package for foreign students. Thus, a stay in the dormitory (1 person in appointed for 2 persons) and meals 3 times a day are set at 200 azn (manats). Please check the link to dormitory:
WHEN TO APPLY?
The deadline for application for the 2022/2023 academic year is during September 01-September 30, 2022. A prospective international student must submit a completed application form along with other required documents by the above-mentioned deadline and admit them via the official website: https://portal.edu.az/.
Do you know about Ganja? :
Know more about study opportunities in Azerbaijan: https://studyinazerbaijan.edu.az/web/